Background

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Home

I'm beyond excited to write this post! I was sitting in the car today thinking: "what am I going to write about next? Where is God going to take this? As a side note: Each time I finish writing a post, I stop and pray and ask the Lord to use me, my path, and whatever else HE wants for whatever HE wants. I am completely HIS and HE will allow my story/struggles/lessons to be heard by those and that HE feels needs it. I'm just putting it out there and people can do what they want with it and God WILL do EXACTLY what HE wants with it!
After each post and prayer, I'm completely drained. I know that sounds weird but it is such an emotional thing (lack of better words). It is so tough to open yourself up to people that don't know you but even harder to those that do. Most of the things I have written about, I have only shared with a small handful of people. I was leaving myself open for judgement but at the same time, I didn't care! This is something I feel God is pushing me to do so what others' think about me after those posts, I'm ok with, whatever it may be! I have been so excited witness God working through me, each response is overwhelming! This last post about my battle with my weight and appearance.....GOD has perfect timing! That page was viewed over 200+ in less than 24 hrs. WOW!!!! And then, right after I posted it, up popped all of the Dove commercials. I literally see that video posted by at least 1 person, each day, on my facebook news feed! I have to assume it is God reminding me of how I am viewed by others and how that doesn't even compare to how HE views me. AND...the best part! I have to also assume that HE is reminding those that read my post, how they are viewed in the eyes of other people and even more so, God's eyes!
So...back to 'What do I write about next?' REALLY EXCITED! I HAVE NO IDEA who Phillip Phillips is but his name cracks me up! I do however, know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE his song 'Home.' I was telling Zach that it touches me in a way that I like to act like it is Jesus talking to me. Again, I have no idea who Phillip Phillips is and what he is about or his intentions for this song but I came up with my own interpretation to his song. (TURN UP REALLY LOUD and close your eyes).


OMGOSH....I'm seriously so excited to share this! haha, probably even more excited to print it out and keep in my truck, purse, bra....who knows but I just want it close all the time b/c it is the perfect reminder! 
First, here are the song lyrics, minus all the repeats! 
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

Just know you’re not alone
Cause I’m going to make this place your home
 Ahhh...the most exciting part....Now, here are the lyrics WITH scripture. (again, I don't know if this was his intention or where P.P. stands, this is just how I took the song from the first time I heard it!) 

Hold on, to me as we go  
Psalm 73:23-24 Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. 24 You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. 

As we roll down this unfamiliar road 

Jeremiah 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord.    

                Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.


And although this wave is stringing us along


Just know you’re not alone

Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.

Cause I’m going to make this place your home 

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.


Settle down, it'll all be clear

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.


Don't pay no mind to the demons

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.


They fill you with fear

Proverbs 1:33 but whoever listens to me will dwell secure and will be at ease, without dread of disaster.
2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

The trouble it might drag you down

John 14:1 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.


If you get lost, you can always be found
Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 


“I can do everything through him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13).
Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

I TOLD YOU!!!! WOW!!!! Such amazing comfort and I promise, once you hear the song, you will not be able to get it out of your mind thus, you will remember these pieces of scripture...I do anyways! This song and 'Beautiful' by Mercy Me, get me through even the toughest of days b/c they both force me to refocus my attention on God and reminds me that there is a bigger, more important picture to focus on, not the petty-ness that life throws in our way! 








No comments:

Post a Comment