Background

Friday, January 3, 2014

Ranting about Ranters and enough about Motherhood!

I don't know what is prompting me to type this but here I am! Not the way I thought I would start off 2014 since my New Year's resolution was to make life more simple, which includes: getting rid of unnecessary scheduling, keeping to a minimum on my to-do list and just getting rid of the 'clutter' in my house and life...that includes frustrations that I can do nothing about (ie-politics, as much as I used to LOVE it). So...odd that day 3, I'm sitting here getting ready to do this!

READY! GO!  Can we all just stop posting mommy guilt trips all over the place! I'm so tired of getting on Facebook and clicking on an article/shared post/blog link that one of my friends' posted and it just lays so much guilt on everybody! I read one about putting down the cell phone b/c we're missing our kids' childhood. WHY ARE WE JUDGING? I'm not always on my phone but I am sometimes and sometimes, it MIGHT be at the mall while my kids are playing...Maybe these moms that are on their cell phones have no other time to be on them OR MAYBE, they are sending pictures of their kiddos to family members that don't live close. Why waste so much time writing something that is going to make moms (as amazing as we all are) feel like crap and like we should be watching over our shoulders or hiding our phones while out in public with our kids! WHATEVER! I realize it is my choice to read these articles or whatever they are and believe me, I'm DONE!

From day 1 of being pregnant and trying to be the best mom I could be by picking up a 'baby' magazine and reading everything I could get my hands on, everything has made me either scared or left feeling like a failure. Don't do this...don't do that...research shows...if you do this, this will happen...BLAH BLAH BLAH! Those were done really quick!

Here is my mommy confession and I don't care! Sometimes my kids go to bed late, sometimes they aren't on a schedule. Maybe I do feed them Mac and Cheese and we get take out while we are out running errands or I'm so tired that I can't even muster up the energy to get dressed, much less cook! Cereal and oatmeal are regulars for breakfast. If a marathon of Sofia or Doc McStuffins is on, I have no issue with Kinsley sitting there watching it. Pretty sure on Saturday mornings I would watch Rainbow Bright, Care Bears, GI Joe, Transformers, and Ninja Turtles....That's a good 2 1/2 hours, straight, in one day...take THAT magazines that tell me not to let my kids watch any TV! Sometimes thats the only way I get a shower (far and in between!) Gross but it's true! I'm sure I do a ton more things that are wrong but I don't care, I'm happy, my kids are as awesome as they can be, and my husband is happy! I hate that we, mothers, let this stuff get to us (I know I'm not the only one!) Pretty sure we are ALL amazing and all I can truly hope is that we all STOP reading those articles and just keep going about our lives and ENJOYING them!

Also....final note! I only breastfed my kids for 4 months or less....TAKE THAT! Guess they will die of allergies or something...IDK but I was fine being a formula baby that slept in a crib that was unsafe WITH bumpers, riding in the back seat of the car, above the seats UNBUCKLED, eating McDonald's. HA!

Just love you, your life and your kids!

DONE!!

Nope: P.S--I do Elf on a Shelf so I guess, according to one blogger, I'm tying my kid's behavior to gifts and letting them think that a creepy little elf is keeping on eye on them! And...I do more than 4 gifts at Christmas (Want, Need, Clothes, Book). I LIKE spoiling my kids and I'll just get even more honest...I RARELY walk out of Target without buying something for my kids...why? Not b/c I'm trying to buy their love, or whatever, it's b/c I want to and I like to and when they STOP being appreciative or taking care of their stuff, it will stop! AND....I do let them believe in Santa! (Yes, I have read posts about all of the above!).

NOW I'm DONE!

1 comment:

  1. Care bears!! Oh the memories...
    My dearest Lizz, You are an amazing mother! Your babies are happy, healthy and beautiful, all because you have loved them so much. No one is perfect. Thank you for the reminder... "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." :)
    <3 Mimi

    ReplyDelete